Single cup coffee brewers have been increasingly popular because of the high level of flexibility, simplicity and the great taste in coffee. Nescafe Dolce Gusto is one of the popular brewers that offer great tasting coffee just with a click. If you are interested in buying one for your own kitchen then it is important to do some research before purchase. This review will tell you some of the pros and cons of Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee makers.
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Brewing System
With Nescafe Dolce Gusto you can brew a cup of coffee in just 15 seconds. That is how long it takes from the time you put the coffee capsule in the slot until you have a ready cup of fresh coffee in your hand. It is one of the easiest and fastest single cup coffee makers on the market and it is very popular because of the quality of the coffee.
Nescafe Dolce Gusto uses pre-packaged coffee capsules that you insert into the slot and start brewing just with a click. It is one of the fastest machines on the market as it heats up in a minute and can brew in only 15 seconds. There are different types of beverages to choose from and you can make both hot and cold drinks.
It has become famous for its ability to make thick creamy foam that resembles the one you get at coffee-houses. With a Nescafe Dolce Gusto it is almost like bringing the coffee-house into your home. And this really does happen every time, it is not just something that the brand promises. So this is clearly one of the best features of the Nescafe Dolce Gusto. Some of the other features are:
- Sleek and modern design that will look great in your kitchen
- Uses pre-packed coffee capsules. Wide selection of gourmet coffee, tea, hot and cold beverages
- 1500 watt for fast heating (less than 1 min)
- Removable water tank for easy fill up – different sizes depending on which model you chose
- Custom Control Lever for instant alternation between hot and cold drinks
- 15 bar pressure ensures a frothy, coffee-house experience in your home kitchen
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Energy saving mechanism
Pros and Cons of Nescafe Dolce Gusto
Now all these features sound great and seem very promising but there are of course things to be aware of before you decide on buying such a machine. Here is a list of pros and cons:
- Heats up really fast
- Easy insertion of the coffee capsules
- 15 bars pressure – most other machines use only 1 – 3 bars
- Hot and cold water brewing options for all drinks – and instant alternation as well
- Easy to use and fool-proof – you get the perfect cup of coffee every time
- No settings for the various coffees
- No water filter in the reservoir
- Small water reservoir, needs filling often if you drink many cups during the day
- Limits you to use only Nescafe capsules
Concerning the selection of coffee it is one of the more limited machines on the market. It simply works only with Nescafe Dolce Gusto capsules and you can not select any other brand and you can not use your own ground coffee either as there is no reusable filter. The capsules can be quite pricey but they are cheaper if you buy quantity. On the plus side, they are available everywhere so you can always get refills. The quality is great and you are sure to get a really good cup of coffee every time. This coffee maker brews a coffee that comes closest to a coffee-house experience. The richness of the flavor and the thick frothy foam on top is excellent. But, again, the selection is limited.
The fact that the cream is so rich and foamy is because the machine brews with 15 bars pressure, which is much higher than most other single cup brewers that brews with only 1-3 bars. This makes a very big difference in the taste and texture.
Another great feature is the ability to alternate instantly between hot and cold. This means that you can make a warm creamy cappuccino for one person and an iced latte for another.
It is a very simple machine that is easy and fool-proof to use. This is mainly because it does not have any advanced settings and not many choices of customization. So it does not give you a lot of flexibility and with the limitations of coffee options then it is a machine that limits your options. However, if you want a simple and safe coffee maker that produces a great brew every time then this is a safe choice.